Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Balancing Act


Basically I'm like most moms, balancing & juggling.
I am always trying to juggle the budget vs. getting good quality and healthy things for my family. It's quite the balancing act. Typically you can't categorize me as a certain type of mom; I do what works when it works. Some call it survival mode.
In a perfect world I would be as green and health conscious as I possibly could, but in that perfect world I would also be a millionaire. Some choices just aren't in our budget and that's ok. We do the best we can, when we can!
Sometimes my green involves making my own detergent for the month, some days I'll be happy if I can get the recycling can to the curb in time for trash pick=up.
Some weeks Ill have all groceries and meals prepped by Sunday and then sometimes we order take out more than once a week, (maybe even 3times??! GASP!!)
I still don't have the perfect answer for the perfect balance. We can't be an all or nothing family. I can't say things like " we never have sugar" " we ONLY eat organic" "I never buy detergent". I have to leave room for error. Otherwise I fail. If we eat McDonalds one day, I can't start feeling like my kids aren't eating healthy! Sometimes we need a French Fry without guilt, to be human. So Enjoy the Ride and strive for balance. 
Love,
C


No comments:

Post a Comment